Suffolk Cooperative Library System, which provides centralized access to online resources for 54 member libraries, wanted to transition away from a difficult-to-navigate website with static design to a dynamic one that could intuitively deliver a mass of online content to users. Their patrons needed a way to quickly and easily find digital resources pertinent to their needs. Our objectives included:
Develop the Livebrary portal with content types that were easy for patrons to use and easy for the library system to manage.
Provide an integrated accessibility tool that would make all features of the website accessible to those with language barriers, dyslexia, attention and focus challenges, low literacy, vision impairment, and other access challenges.
Library Market created the Livebrary website that offered patrons across 54 Suffolk County libraries an intuitive interface that:
- Showcases SCLS’s online resources through custom content types such as embeddable databases
- Is driven by taxonomies that allow patrons to filter content by age group, interests, and research needs
- Offers 1-click access to eMedia, databases, study help, local information, and other online content
- Allows SCLS staff to quickly and easily add new content
- Includes the Browsealoud accessibility toolbar on every domain page