With only half of their population signed up for library cards, Bucks County Free Library was searching for an innovative way to extend their reach. They needed to provide community members who were missing the opportunity to take advantage of library services with easy, convenient access to their digital collections.
Our objective was to design an online card registration system that would allow non-cardholding members of Bucks County to instantly sign up for and access library services.
To broaden their reach, the Bucks County Free Library implemented our Library Card system. We tailored it to meet their specific needs, which included the ability to:
- Issue e-Cards through an easy-to-use, secure online application
- Provide cards instantly to applicable registrants anytime and anywhere
- Give e-Card holders immediate access to downloadable eMedia and online databases
- Allow e-Card holders an easy way to trade up to a full-service card
- Expand the user base for online services, thereby increasing the ROI for the library